Saturday, December 19, 2015

Waiting

In this photo, taken months ago, I was waiting in bed for The Texan to come over and thought it would be fun to send him a quick shot.  

Having dropped him at the airport yesterday morning and knowing I won't see him again for another year and a half, I'm waiting again... this time for a long time.  For the thrill of his giant hands on my tiny body, his lips pressed against mine, the reassuring way he wraps his arms around me, the dirty whispers in my ear, the love that radiates out of him.  I'm a strong broad, but it's going to be a rough holiday without him.

I don't think my heart can handle any more dating in a country where the people I meet are so transient.  It's beautiful outside; the air is crisp and clear (despite being next to China), the sky bright and sunny.  But my insides are bleak mid-winter.



Sinful Sunday

8 comments:

  1. Nice photo.
    Waiting is horrible, I think I have it bad having to wait a couple of weeks.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can complete relate to that feeling. Michael and I spent nearly 18 months being LDR, he was in the USA and I, the UK. The partings where agony and every time we did them it got more and more painful. I wouldn't go back to that for anything so you have my deepest sympathy. I hope the time apart goes by as quickly as it can.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image... so sorry you have to wait so long!

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pic - shame about the wait (hugs)
    BMN x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your love and support, guys. The last week has been rough, and I really appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photograph. Lovely thighs that make waiting much too long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely pic.

    Just as the darkest hour is the one before dawn beckons, so the bleakness of midwinter is the prelude to Spring's approach. It's little consolation in the depths, but it's reason enough to hang on in there.

    ReplyDelete