Saturday, July 2, 2016

La Patria



This photo was an accident, but it ended up being my favorite of the bunch.

I'll be leaving Korea in February and returning to the States; I'm having a lot of mixed feelings about this major transition in my life, as I've been here for seven years.  I have a strong community and roots here, but I don't feel like my work is having any impact on anyone, and that's not why I became a teacher.  I'm homeward bound in less than a year; moving toward half of the people I love and away from the other half.  Toward my motherland (la matria?) where my blood and my heart lie, and away from so many people who have a huge place in my heart.  Talk about change.

As an aside, I took this photo at 6:00 am next to a temple, and a monk saw me in my skivvies, sooooo... that happened.

See who else is changing...
Sinful Sunday

12 comments:

  1. Such an intriguing photo . . . and I keep scrolling back and looking over and over again.
    And intriguing words too . . . I think we know within ourselves when the time, for change, is right. Wishing you every success with your repatriation!
    Oh, and as well as being curious about the detail in your photo, I'm also curious as to the reaction of that Monk ???
    Xxx - K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so, too. I know it's time to go... but the realization that I'm *actually* leaving is just starting to creep up on me. The monk just looked up, quickly looked away, and kept walking - very respectful, of course.

      Delete
  2. That is quite a change to be undergoing. As for the Monk remember he's naked under his robes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best with the transition! Hopefully your mixed feelings will swing more toward excitement and anticipation as the return date nears... :-) ~C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine that it won't be easy to leave Korea behind after having lived there for 7 years. However, I hope you will be very happy in the States and will find places there too where you can make sexy images like this!

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a huge change. I hope it goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is a big change and sounds like it will be bittersweet for you, maybe?

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so! I'll write more about it closer to departure.

      Delete
  7. Such a big change! I can understand that as a military spouse, but I wish you safe travels and happiness upon making a difference.
    Love this photo, even though you got caught taking it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel a little guilty that changing jobs is worrying me so much! I hope your move goes as smoothly as it possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a change... but if your work is no longer satisfying, then the right thing to do. You can always go back for a visit, and some friends may come visit you here. Good Karma to you, Jo.

    p.s. I'm sure you made Mr Monk's day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do't believe this.
    it's a big change

    ReplyDelete